NOW Taking Applications for
TULA's Yoga Teacher Training: Practice Deeply, Teach Authentically
Learn from all your favorite TULA teachers!
Join David Duerkop, Rhiannon Kirby, Monica Brown, Cassi Stuckman, Veronica Stevens, Kathryn Gongaware, Rachel Duerkop, Nathan Paulus, Kathleen Katsikeas and Michelle Beuscher as they will work as team to offer you one of the most comprehensive, unique and creative yoga teacher training programs out there.
Because we are working as a team, all our teachers will be able to draw from their various experiences, years of education and differing backgrounds & perspectives to offer you a training that will allow you to truly find your own unique yoga path - whether as a student, a teacher, or something in between.
We will weave eastern traditions and western practicalities into a modern and highly accessible approach to practicing and teaching yoga.
TULA's 200-Hour Teacher Training
TULA is a Registered Yoga School (RYS®) with the Yoga Alliance.
This 200-hour program will encompass all the topics below and give you an excellent foundation for starting a career in yoga as a part-time or full-time yoga teacher.
- In-depth Anatomy/Physiology
- Sequencing/Creating a Yoga Class: Vinyasa & Restorative
- Demoing, Vocal Cues & Finding Your teaching voice
- Modifications for Injuries & Injury Prevention
- Effective Use of Props
- Asana Adjustments & Modifications
- Injecting yoga philosophy into asana classes
- Setting up an Amazing Yoga Class: Environment, timing, music, temperature, lighting, energy
- The Business of Yoga: Working as an independent contractor
- Addressing and effectively teaching to specialized populations: Prenatal, Larger Bodies, Yoga for Trauma, Yoga for Anxiety, Seniors.
- Opportunity to participate in additional yoga related practices: Thai Bodywork, Yoga Nidra, AcroYoga, Kid's Yoga, Yin Yoga and more.
Other Yoga Teacher Training Requirements:
- Practice at TULA at least 3 times per week
- Participate in a 6 week apprenticeship with a TULA teacher of your choice
- Aide in developing a home practice
- Practice Teaching: Teaching to each other with feedback + Teaching Yoga to the community
- Final Exam: Anatomy/Physiology written exam, History & Philosophy take home exam and 1 Final Teaching practicum.
- Daily Journaling
- Required Reading List*
*cost of books/supplies is not included in the tuition prices, estimated at $150.
Yoga Teacher Training: $3000*
Early-Bird pricing if paid in full by July 1, 2019: $2800*
$500* (non-refundable) deposit holds your spot!
Remainder due must be paid in full by the first day of training.
(we also are offering 2 partial scholarships of $1500 to people of color - application period is not yet open)
*This cost also includes an unlimited membership at TULA for the entire length of the program and a TULA Teacher Training Manual. Reading list book costs is NOT included.
1. More than 30 days from first day of YTT is a full refund via original method of payment minus the $500 non-refundable deposit.
2. Less than 30 days prior to first day of YTT, studio credit minus $500 non-refundable deposit.
3. No refunds after the first day of training.
4. In event of illness or other cancellation, the student will be granted a spot in the next YTT.
Fall 2019 Schedule
Yoga Teacher Training Program runs from Oct 2, 2019 - March 28, 2019.
The training will take place every Wednesday evening, 7:30pm - 10:30pm and Saturday afternoons, from 1pm - 6pm + scheduled weekly practice and a 6-week apprenticeship.
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself. (fill out and submit the form below)
2. Fill out the payment form below with your payment. If seeking a payment plan (sorry, early-bird pricing is not available on payment plan), please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. If you have any other specific questions, please reach out to Rhiannon at email@example.com