TULA's Yoga Teacher Training: Practice Deeply, Teach Authentically
Learn from all your favorite TULA teachers!
Join David Duerkop, Rhiannon Kirby, Natalie McGreal, Monica Brown, Cassi Stuckman, Slone Isselhard, Kathryn Gongaware, Rachel Duekop, Nathan Paulus, Merril Doty and Michelle Beuscher as they will work as team to offer you one of the most comprehensive, unique and creative yoga teacher training programs out there.
Because we are working as a team, all our teachers will be able to draw from their various experiences, years of education and differing backgrounds & perspectives to offer you an immersion/training that will allow you to truly find your own unique yoga path - whether as a student, a teacher, or something in between.
We will weave eastern traditions and western practicalities into a modern and highly accessible approach to practicing and teaching yoga.
TULA's 200-Hour Teacher Training
TULA is a Registered Yoga School (RYS®) with the Yoga Alliance.
This 200-hour program will encompass all the topics below and give you an excellent foundation for starting a career in yoga as a part-time or full-time yoga teacher.
- In-depth Anatomy/Physiology
- Sequencing/Creating a Yoga Class: Vinyasa & Restorative
- Demoing, Vocal Cues & Finding Your teaching voice
- Modifications for Injuries & Injury Prevention
- Effective Use of Props
- Asana Adjustments & Modifications
- Injecting yoga philosophy into asana classes
- Setting up an Amazing Yoga Class: Environment, timing, music, temperature, lighting, energy
- The Business of Yoga: Working as an independent contractor, building a website, leading workshops/retreats, obtaining & keeping happy clients (corporate/group, studios, individuals), taxes, adding value, seeking/dealing with criticism, work ethics, setting teacher/student boundaries, promoting yourself & building community.
- Addressing and effectively teaching to specialized populations: Prenatal, Larger Bodies, Yoga for Trauma, Yoga for Anxiety, Seniors.
Students in our Teacher Training must also complete 1 elective of their choosing:
- Kids Yoga
- Thai Bodywork
- Partner Yoga
- Yoga Nidra
- Yin Yoga
Other Yoga Teacher Training Requirements:
- Practice at TULA at least 3 times per week
- Observation of other teachers
- Developing a home practice
- Practice Teaching: Teaching to each other with feedback + Teaching Yoga to the community
- Final Exam: Anatomy/Physiology written exam, History & Philosophy take home exam and 1 Final Teaching practicum.
- Daily Journaling
- Required Reading List*
*cost of books/supplies is not included in the tuition prices, estimated at $150.
Early-bird Pricing (before September 1): $2800*
Yoga Teacher Training: $3000*
*This cost also includes an unlimited membership at TULA for the entire length of the program and a TULA Teacher Training Manual. Reading list book costs is NOT included.
** Flexible payment plans are available. Please Inquiry.
Fall 2017 Schedule
Yoga Teacher Training Program runs from Oct. 4 - April 7*
Classes/Workshops will take place every Wednesday evening, 6:30pm - 9:30pm and 3 Saturday afternoons per month (the last Saturday per month is an 'off' day) from 1pm - 6pm + scheduled practice, observation and elective hours.
*Additional elective workshops will run into April and May.
1. Tell us little bit about yourself. (fill out and submit the form below)
2. Fill out the payment form below with your payment. If seeking a payment plan (sorry, early-bird pricing is not available on payment plan), please email us at email@example.com
3. If you have any other specific questions, please reach out to Rhiannon at firstname.lastname@example.org