TULA's Yoga Teacher Training: Practice Deeply, Teach Authentically
Fall Session begins on October 2, 2019
Join the TULA teachers as they will work as team to offer you one of the most comprehensive, unique and creative yoga teacher training programs out there.
Because we are working as a team, all our teachers will be able to draw from their various experiences, years of education and differing backgrounds & perspectives to offer you a training that will allow you to truly find your own unique yoga path - whether as a student, a teacher, or something in between.
We will weave eastern traditions and western practicalities into a modern and highly accessible approach to practicing and teaching yoga.
10 Reasons Why you Should Join TULA's Yoga Teacher Training
1. Breadth and Depth of Learning: TULA’s training team is comprised of some of the most experienced and talented teachers in Chicago. Since they were all trained by different teachers and in different lineages, they are able to offer a wide breadth and depth of knowledge to our students. Students come away with a range of ideas in which to craft their own unique yoga voice.
2. Scholarship for People of Color: We offer the ONLY partial scholarship for self-identified people of color in Chicago. We are serious about our role in helping to make yoga more diverse and more accessible.
The deadline to apply for a scholarship is August 1, 2019.
3. Relevant Topics: We have created a program that includes many timely and relevant topics to the industry today that are not always covered in typical 200-hour trainings such as: Yoga & Race, Trauma-Informed Yoga, Yoga for Specialized Populations, and the Business of Yoga.
4. Life-long Support: As a TULA training graduate, we will be life-long supporters of your yoga journey. We cannot hire 100% of our trainees, BUT we offer our graduates a life-long support system of contacts, opportunities and channels in which to grow in their yoga teaching careers and elsewhere.
5. Accessibility: Our training sessions are accessible (evenings and weekends) to working professionals.
6. Apprenticeship: We have a built-in apprenticeship program within the training where you will have the opportunity to learn from real, live classes and work one-on-one with professional yoga teachers on sequencing and hands-on assists.
7. Small and Intimate: We keep the trainings small and intimate by design. We believe in quality over quantity.
8. Good, Proven Design: The organization of our training ensures that throughout the process, trainees will gradually learn how asana families relate to one another in order to obtain specific goals for sequencing, cuing, alignment, adjustments and anatomical support of themselves and their student(s).
9. Our Community: Our community of teachers and students are incredible. Our whole community works together to support, offer constructive feedback and continuous words of encouragement to our trainees throughout the 6-month training period and beyond. Our community is a wonderful, very special place to be.
10. Rave Reviews! Here are a few quotes from some of our graduates:…
"Tula Yoga Studio is a GREAT place to complete the yoga teacher training. The staff was always available to help/answer questions. The amount of resources made available to the trainees is wonderful. The studio owner is beyond amazing and I would recommend that anyone in the Chicagoland area complete their training at Tula."
"At the end of the 6-month training, I personally felt nervous but also that I had the building blocks to teach a class. Our class was also diverse in many ways. If you're looking for diversity, this program offers a limited amount of scholarships for people of color. I would definitely recommend to others."
"Tula is wonderful studio that has fostered a supportive, welcoming community of teachers and students. My time/energy were well spent and I look forward to an ongoing fruitful relationship with the studio!"
"Tula Yoga Studio's teacher training program is an amazing experience! You learn so much about yoga history, anatomy, how to safely teach poses, and how to be a yoga teacher. The teachers in the program are amazing - they have a large knowledge base and are very supportive and available to the teacher trainees throughout the training. The community at Tula is warm and open and you feel that throughout the program. I'm so grateful to have been a part of the teaching training at Tula!"
(Full Reviews of our program at Yoga Alliance)
TULA's 200-Hour Teacher Training
TULA is a Registered Yoga School (RYS®) with the Yoga Alliance.
This 200-hour program will encompass all the topics below and give you an excellent foundation for starting a career in yoga as a part-time or full-time yoga teacher.
- In-depth Anatomy/Physiology
- Sequencing/Creating a Yoga Class: Vinyasa & Restorative
- Demoing, Vocal Cues & Finding Your teaching voice
- Modifications for Injuries & Injury Prevention
- Effective Use of Props
- Asana Adjustments & Modifications
- Injecting yoga philosophy into asana classes
- Setting up an Amazing Yoga Class: Environment, timing, music, temperature, lighting, energy
- The Business of Yoga: Working as an independent contractor
- Addressing and effectively teaching to specialized populations: Prenatal, Larger Bodies, Yoga for Trauma, Yoga for Anxiety, Seniors.
- Opportunity to participate in additional yoga related practices: Thai Bodywork, Yoga Nidra, AcroYoga, Kid's Yoga, Yin Yoga and more.
Other Yoga Teacher Training Requirements:
- Practice at TULA at least 3 times per week
- Participate in a 6 week apprenticeship with a TULA teacher of your choice
- Aide in developing a home practice
- Practice Teaching: Teaching to each other with feedback + Teaching Yoga to the community
- Final Exam: Anatomy/Physiology written exam, History & Philosophy take home exam and 1 Final Teaching practicum.
- Daily Journaling
- Required Reading List*
*cost of books/supplies is not included in the tuition prices, estimated at $150.
Yoga Teacher Training: $3000*
Early-Bird pricing if paid in full by July 1, 2019: $2800*
$500* (non-refundable) deposit holds your spot!
Remainder due must be paid in full by the first day of training.
(we also are offering 2 partial scholarships of $1500 to people of color - application deadline is August 1, 2019)
*This cost also includes an unlimited membership at TULA for the entire length of the program and a TULA Teacher Training Manual. Reading list book costs is NOT included.
1. More than 30 days from first day of YTT is a full refund via original method of payment minus the $500 non-refundable deposit.
2. Less than 30 days prior to first day of YTT, studio credit minus $500 non-refundable deposit.
3. No refunds after the first day of training.
4. In event of illness or other cancellation, the student will be granted a spot in the next YTT.
Fall 2019 Schedule
Yoga Teacher Training Program runs from Oct 2, 2019 - March 28, 2020.
The training will take place every Wednesday evening, 7:30pm - 10:30pm and Saturday afternoons, from 1pm - 6pm + scheduled weekly practice and a 6-week apprenticeship.
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself. (fill out and submit the form below)
2. Fill out the payment form below with your payment. If seeking a payment plan (sorry, early-bird pricing is not available on payment plan), please email us at email@example.com
3. If you have any other specific questions, please reach out to Rhiannon at firstname.lastname@example.org